Shirayuki is a normal herbalist in the kingdom of Tanbarun with one unique feature: her beautiful red hair. Due to her unusual hair colour, Shirayuki was raised to always be careful of showing her hair in new surroundings and grew to be an independent young woman. However, her hair gets her noticed by Prince Raj, who orders her to become his concubine. Refusing his orders, she cuts her hair and leaves it behind as part of what he wanted and escapes to the neighbouring kingdom of Clarines. On her way there, she meets and befriends Prince Zen and his two aides Mitsuhide and Kiki. When Zen is poisoned by an apple meant for Shirayuki gifted by Raj, Shirayuki successfully obtains the antidote and decides to accompany the trio to Clarines. Shortly thereafter, Shirayuki passes an exam for a position to train in the palace as a herbalist. Shirayuki and her friends find a place in Clarines and carry out her duties as a court herbalist. Over the course of the story, Zen and Shirayuki begin to fall in love with each other and eventually begin a romantic relationship, in spite of opposition due to their difference in social status.
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Japanese)
Shirayuki aux cheveux rouges (French)
Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: fairy tales, historical, royalty find similar anime based on genres & themes
- Shirayuki means "White Snow." Although it is translated as "Snow White."
- She is quite popular among the Royal Guards, such to the point that they cheer when Shirayuki moves into the castle.
- Shirayuki is a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. She gets drunk quickly.
- In a character poll, she won first place, the same goes with Zen and Shirayuki, who also won first place in the couple section of the poll. Shirayuki and Obi won third place.
- Shirayuki is quite strong physically, easily winning in an arm-wrestling match between herself and Kazaa